- September 21st, 2015
- Twigs of Greenville
- Blog, DIY, Holiday, Home Design, Seasonal Decor Tip, Tips
- 0 Comments
DIY TABLESCAPE: HOW TO CREATE THIS LOOK
Deck the dining room table with boughs of … polka dots, towers of tea pots, and elves?! Oh yes! We are taking our Christmas table to a whole new level of CUTE! Read below as our designers at Twigs walk you through all you need to create this cheerful look in your very own dining room.
1. Select a table runner. Disposable runners offer a chic look and clean-up in a jiffy! A black and white striped runner sets the tone for the playful tablescape we are creating in this DIY.
2. Layer each place-setting with seasonal plates, a napkin featuring a seasonal napkin ring. We opted for cloth napkins this go around and our green napkins make for great contrast with red berry napkin rings. Add your flatware and beverage glass. Plus, check out the whimsical paper straws we sell at Twigs. White and black polka dots!
3. Begin dinner with gift-giving? Consider placing already wrapped gifts in the seat of each guest. The gifts at the table add to the holiday look you are creating and can also double up as “placecards” if you add nametags to gifts. Psssttt.. Time-saver Tip: We have already wrapped holiday gifts at Twigs. Purchase yours today, before they are all gone!
4. Fill a long rectangular wooden or decorative box with lots of greenery and berries. As we’ve said before, more is more!
5. Fill in the gaps with stands stacked tall with super cute tea pots and tea cups, creating a playful and fun atmosphere.
6. But!!! Do you really want to pull together the cuteness, playfulness, and fun of this table? Then bring on the elves!! Santa’s little helpers are little mischievous at times so make sure those towers of tea pots and cups are relatively secure. The elves bring lots of good cheer!!
Find all your Christmas table and decor needs at Twigs. Speak to a Twigs designer for more tips and ideas on how to decorate your home this Holiday season!